The Noise Origin online retail platform, www.noiseorigin.com (“the Platform”), pledges to meet and comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486 of the Laws of Hong Kong) (“Ordinance”). In doing so, the Platform has committed itself to protect and keep in strict confidence any personal information (as defined below) collected.
Collection of Personal Information
The Platform does not sell, share or trade customers’ personal information collected online with third parties.
Personal information collected online will only be disclosed within the Platform for internal use only.
When you create a user account the personal information we collect may include your:
- Billing Address
- Shipping Address
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
Failure to supply such personal data may result in the Platform being unable to register and establish a user account.
Purposes of Use of Personal Information Collected
The personal information we collect from you will be used in some or all of the following ways:
- To deliver the products you have purchased from the Platform
- To update you on the delivery of the product and for customer support purposes
- To provide you with relevant product information
- To process your orders and to provide you with the services and information offered through the Platform and which you request
- Further, we will use the information you provide to administer your account with us; verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online; audit the downloading of data from the Platform; improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Platform and customize them for users; identify visitors on the Platform; carry out research on our users’ demographics; send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, provided you have indicated that you have not objected to being contacted for these purposes
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may pass your name and address on to a third party in order to make delivery of the product to you (for example to our courier or supplier).
We will not share your information with any other organizations other than related companies and those third parties directly related to the delivery of the products you have purchased from the Platform. In exceptional circumstances, the Platform may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes.
Collection of Computer Data
When you visit the Platform, the servers will automatically record information that your browser sends. This data may include:
- Your computer’s IP address
- Browser type
- Webpage you were visiting before you came to the Platform
- The pages within the Platform you visit
- The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics.
This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our site and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
When you register as a user on the Platform, we will also use your personal information to send you marketing and/or promotional materials from time to time. You can unsubscribe from marketing information at anytime by using the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material.
Storage of Personal Information and Security
The Platform ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect your personal information by:
- Restricting access to personal information
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorized computer access
- Securely destroying your personal information when it’s no longer needed for our record retention purposes
The Platform uses SSL encryption technology when processing your financial details. SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard.
Your actual order details may be stored with us but for security reasons cannot be retrieved directly by us. However, you may access this information by logging into your account on the Platform. Here you can view the details of your orders that have been completed, those which are open and those which are shortly to be dispatched and administer your address details, bank details and any newsletter to which you may have subscribed. You undertake to treat the personal access data confidentially and not make it available to unauthorized third parties. We cannot assume any liability for misuse of passwords unless this misuse is our fault.
Updating Your Personal Information
You can update your personal information anytime by accessing your account on the Platform.
The Platform reserves the right to modify and change the Privacy Statement at any time. Any changes to this policy will be published on the Platform.
Complaints about breeches of privacy
If you believe that your privacy has been breached by the Platform, you can email us at [email protected] or contact our Online Customer Support. We will resolve the issue as soon as possible.
If there is any inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version of this Statement, the English version shall prevail.